|Happy fisherman on Inle Lake|
Photo Credit: Insider Journeys, Ian Richards
Insider Journeys are offering the chance to see Myanmar like never before, balancing days of cruising in luxury on the stunning Irrawaddy Explorer with unique insights in pre and post backstreet walking tours in Mandalay and Yangon.
Travellers have the opportunity to visit curious unknown pockets of these cities, such as the captivating market where the locals trade their wares on the railway track, dispersing whenever a train approaches, and seeing local life and the lesser known sites which give insights into aspects of culture and history visitors don't normally learn about.
There's also the chance to kayak or sunset canoe around the stilt villages and floating farms of Inle Lake and to visit community projects that are focused on supporting local communities, improving their lives and protecting the local culture.
|Travelling in luxury aboard the Irrawaddy Explorer|
Photo Credit: Insider Journeys
The ship embraces the ambiance of a colonial era, with highly attentive staff, exceptional customer service, luxurious amenities and modern conveniences, a rejuvenating spa and a diverse menu of regional and western cuisines.
The 12 day Treasures of Golden Burma cruise includes
- 9 nights' cruise accommodation in a Maugham Suite
- 2 nights' hotel accommodation
- Breakfast daily, 9 lunches and 11 dinners
- Western Cruise Director
- Sightseeing with local English-speaking guides and entrance fees
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Tips and porter charges
The 20 November departure travels upstream from Yangon – Irrawaddy River Cruise – Mandalay.
The 29 November departure downstream starts Mandalay – Irrawaddy River Cruise – Yangon.
Visit www.insiderjourneys.com.au or call 1300 365 355 for bookings.
* Save up to $3,540 in Insider Journeys' "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off" for select cabins on the 20 November 2016 and 29 November 2016 Irrawaddy Explorer departures. Conditions apply, based on per person twin share basis only. Offer valid until 31 July 2016 or until sold out.